Sunshine Preschool is open Monday through Friday, with sessions in the morning and afternoon.
- Morning classes are 9:15 – 11:45
- Afternoon Pre-K classes are 12:30 – 3:00
Every class session is organized around our daily schedule, which is a developmentally appropriate curriculum of well-rounded activities. Activities in the daily schedule are applied to the daily theme.
Each day at Sunshine students will participate in:
- Opening – Sing the Hello song, Pledge of Allegiance, calendar, Bible verse and story, weather.
- Group Time – Teaching the theme and lesson for the day including puppets, books, and songs.
- Large Motor – Indoor or outdoor (weather permitting) playtime involving physical activity.
- Snack – A healthy snack is served with milk or water. Snacks are often planned to relate to the daily theme
- Book Time – A quiet, free choice opportunity to explore books.
- Projects – A planned art or craft activity centered around the daily theme.
- Play Time – Free choice play time in our classroom including dramatic play areas, large and small muscle equipment, blocks, and art materials.
- Group Time – May include stories, finger plays, show and tell, and math and science activities.
- Closing – Review of the day’s activities, goodbye songs, dismissal to parents.